- Saud Tariq is currently a partner in ST & Co.
- Prior to establishing his own firm with Shariq Matin, he worked for more than 7 years working in Big 4 firm and industry. During his time period at the Big 4 firm, he closely worked with top multinationals of the country and was known for his devotion, commitment, and timely completion of work.
- He has deep experience in internal audits. He has delivered exceptional results in competitive business environments and worked diligently to create value for various clients. He identified risk areas that has immensely helped clients to improve the compliance culture through strengthening of internal controls. Numerous cost-cutting techniques were identified at the operational level to improve the profitability of clients.
- He has attended various board of audit committee meetings of listed and other companies with audit partners where his work was greatly appreciated by higher management.
- Associate Chartered Accountant (ACA) from the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan (ICAP)
- Associate Chartered Certified Accountant (ACCA) from the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- BSc (Hons) Applied Accounting from Oxford Brookes University (UK)
Skills/ Industry experience
- Internal audits
- Internal controls
- Development of policies & procedures
- Risk Remediation
- Performance improvement
- Suggesting cost reduction techniques
- Supply chain and operations
- Business analytical skills
- Working in SAP, Peachtree and SCM systems
Syed Shariq Matin
- Syed Shariq Matin is a Management Accountant by profession as well as fellow member of Public Finance Accountants.
- He started his career as an Accountant for a Private Organization and he worked there for 4 years managing the Accounts of the Company.
- Later he switched his career and embarked upon a career in education and training.
- He is also running his own consultancy by the name of Educational Advisory Services & Training (EAST) and working as its Director since 2009 providing services to educational institutions and other organizations.
- Cost & Management Accountant (ACMA) from Institute of Cost and Management Accountants of Pakistan (ICMA)
- Public Finance Accountant (APA)
- Equivalency of M.Com (HEC)
- Bachelor of Commerce (University of Karachi)
Professional Career Highlights
EAST (Educational Advisory Services & Training)
- As director, he has conducted Workshops for students and teachers from high school to University level. Further, he has worked closely with the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA UK)
- He organized and managed the following events :
- CIMA Business Quiz (2011-2015)
- CIMA Spell Master (2013-2014)
- CIMA Teacher Skills Development Workshop (2013-2015)
- CIMA A' Level Revision Sessions (2012-2015)
- He has worked as Regional Manager for Systematics from 2004 to 2007 which is the sole agent for recruiting students for FTC – Kaplan UK.
- His prime responsibilities at Systematics were to promote FTC – Kaplan as the leading tuition provider for ACCA, CIMA and CFA and to recruit students for all the branches of FTC – Kaplan in the United Kingdom. Systematics is the Sole Distributor of Kaplan Study Text for ACCA in Pakistan.
- He joined ACCA in September 1998 as the first employee in Pakistan and worked solely till February 2001. He worked at the Karachi office till August 2004.
- His job at ACCA can be divided into two periods.
oThe first period, when he worked solely as ACCA Desk Officer (September 1998 to December 2000).
- The second period when he worked as Manager Students Affairs (January 2001 to August 2004).